Origin of Mothers Day
- The original Mother's Day Proclamation was made in 1870. It was written by Julia Ward Howe. Julia Ward Howe is perhaps best known today for having written the words to "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" in 1862 when she was an antislavery activist.
- JustWarTheory.com is a free, non-profit, annotated aid to critical philosophical studies of warfare, terrorism, counter-terrorism, nationalism, war crimes, humanitarian intervention, and more.
The Bush Empire
- THE BUSH EMPIRE
How four generations of arms, oil, fascism, and US Govt. defiance made America's First Family
Coalition of the Willing
- Links (and some comments). Focus moves to earlier coalition between Iraq and her later enemies.
The War Around Us
- Subjects: War poem, government lies, relationship between war and money, Vietnam, Dresden
- Stories that reflect the end of WW2 through the eyes of children.
- Personnellement, je suis contre. (la guerre). [Leads to Smithsonian's "The Underwater Web" website, specifically the section entitled "War and Peace"]
Democracy In America
- A critical look at media coverage in America...A call to return to the popular democracy Alexis de Tocquville wrote of in Democracy in America, where people discussed ideas instead of having drivel spoonfed by pundits on Fox News.