Nuclear \nu"cle*ar\, adj.
- Of or pertaining to a nucleus; as, the nuclear spindle (see
Karyokinesis) or the nuclear fibrils of a cell; the nuclear part of
a comet, etc
- (Of power and warfare and weaponry) using atomic energy;
"nuclear (or atomic) submarines"; "nuclear war"; "nuclear weapons";
"atomic bombs" [syn: atomic] [ant: conventional]
- (Physics) "nuclear physics"; "nuclear fission"; "nuclear
- (Biology) "nuclear membrane"
- Constituting or like a nucleus; "annexation of the suburban
fringe by the nuclear metropolis"; "the nuclear core of the