Scribble \scrib"ble\, n.
- Hasty or careless writing; a writing of little value; a scrawl;
as, a hasty scribble. --Boyle
Neither did I but vacant seasons spend In this my
Scribble \scrib"ble\, v. i
- To write without care, elegance, or value; to scrawl
If Mævius scribble in Apollo's spite.
Scribble \scrib"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. scribbled
(-b'ld); p. pr. & vb. n. scribbling (-blîng).] [fr. L.
(?) scrivere, E. scribe.]
- To write hastily or carelessly, without regard to correctness
or elegance; as, to scribble a letter
- Poor handwriting [syn: scratch, scrawl, cacography]
- To fill or cover with careless or worthless writing
Scribble \scrib"ble\, v. t. [Cf. scrabble.]
- (Woolen Manuf.) To card coarsely; to run through the scribbling